Asian Criminological Society (ACS) Conference 2020
Call for Abstracts
Sunday, May 31, 2020
*Abstract applications will be accepted via the ACS2020 website from December 1, 2019.
Please note that late submissions will NOT be accepted. Additionally, submissions that do not conform with the following guidelines will be rejected.
All abstracts must be submitted online through the ACS2020 website at:
To submit an abstract, you need to first register for ACS2020. For details on registration, please refer to the following page:
Individual Paper Presentations
Submissions for an individual presentation in a regular session must include a title and abstract along with author information (name; email address; affiliation). Please note that these presentations are intended for individuals to discuss work that has been completed or where substantial progress has been made. Presentations about work that has yet to begin or is only in the formative stage are unlikely to be accepted.
Pre-arranged Thematic Panel Session
Submissions for a pre-arranged thematic panel session of up to 5 presenters should be made by a single representative of the panel. The representative must include the titles, abstracts, and author information (name; email address; affiliation) of all presenters.
A typical abstract will summarize, in one paragraph of 200 words or less, the major aspects of your research, including: 1) the purpose of the study and the research problem(s) under investigation; 2) the design of the study; 3) major findings of the analysis; and 4) a brief summary of interpretations and conclusions. Although not all abstracts will conform to this format, they should all contain enough information to frame the problem and orient the conclusions.
Registration of Presenters
All presenters are required to register and pay the appropriate fee for the conference prior to submitting an abstract. Conference registration can be found at:
Only LCD projectors (with HDMI connector) will be available for all panel and paper presentations to enable computer-based presentations. However, presenters will need to bring their own personal computers or arrange for someone on the panel to bring a personal computer.
- Presenters are responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs.
- An individual may apply for and submit up to 2 abstracts as a presenter.
- The duration of both regular panels and pre-arranged thematic panels is 90 minutes. The length of each presentation will be 15 minutes.
- All submitted abstracts will undergo a peer review process following the application deadline on May 31, 2020, and the results will be notified on the website on July 1, 2020.
- The conference will take place from Friday, October 2 to Monday, October 5, 2020. Sessions may be scheduled at any time during the conference. The ACS cannot honor personal preferences for day and time of presentations.
- We encourage participants to submit well in advance of the deadline so that ACS2020 staff may assist with any submission problems while the call for papers is still open. Please note that ACS2020 staff members will respond to inquiries during normal business hours (Japanese Standard Time).
Abstracts Application Form
Abstract applications will be accepted via the ACS2020 website from December 1, 2019.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference in Kyoto!